Drug delivery applications using PEEK-OPTIMATM polymers have the potential to enable the advancement of minimally invasive surgical techniques and cross-contamination safety.
Evolving minimally invasive surgical techniques require continual advancement in catheter and intrathecal systems — whether developing a catheter to be used acutely in the delivery of a specialized device or a drug delivery system that will be implanted long-term.
Benefits of PEEK-OPTIMA polymers
- A range of biomaterials with high tensile strength, tailored radiopacity and compatibility with multiple sterilization methods1
- Easily extruded into tubing with excellent kink resistance
- Ability to be molded or machined for complex catheter connector components with high-strength and MRI-compatibility requirements1
- Highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals
- Resistant to stress cracking - the process that can occur from extended exposure to liquids when used as a port1