PEEK-OPTIMA Natural is the pure, unfilled PEEK grade.
This high-performance, implant-grade polymer is used alone and also serves as the foundation of the PEEK-OPTIMA product family. It is the base material used in all PEEK-OPTIMA grades. PEEK-OPTIMA Natural delivers performance characteristics virtually unmatched by other implantable biomaterials.
- Radiolucent for easy monitoring of healing site with X-rays, CT or MRI
- Bone-like modulus helps minimise stress shielding and stimulate bone healing
- Extremely strong, durable and highly resistant to creep and fatigue
- Sterilize repeatedly with no degradation using steam, ethylene oxide, gamma or Sterrad™ plasma
- Suitable for implantation or blood, bone and tissue contact greater than 30 days
- Available in rods and stock shapes for manufacturing flexibility