The foundation for PEEK-OPTIMA biomaterials.
PEEK-OPTIMA Natural is a high-performance polymer that is used alone and also serves as the foundation for all other grades in our product family. It delivers performance characteristics virtually unmatched by other implantable biomaterials.
- Design flexibility and high strength to weight ratio enables production of small, strong and thin components
- Relatively low moisture absorption compared to other polymeric biomaterials enhances implant longevity and safety
- Naturally radiolucent material allows artifact-free imaging and is compatible with MRI, X-Ray and CT imaging technologies
- Metal-free with ideal aesthetic and functional properties including lack of electrical and thermal conductivity
- Allows CAD/CAM design of patient-specific implants for optimal fit, manufacture and intra-operative modifications