Cranio-Maxillofacial: exceptional strength and ideal aesthetic properties for patients.
PEEK-OPTIMA Natural derived Patient-Specific Implants (PSI) technology extends the range of patient and surgeon benefits beyond those of medical-grade titanium, the traditional biomaterial used for cranio-maxillofacial PSIs. It continues the trend of using PEEK-OPTIMA within patient-specific implants due to the desire for larger repairs with a high degree of complexity.
- PEEK-OPTIMA PSI for cranioplasty offers many advantages over typical cranioplasty materials such as Titanium, including radiolucency, ease of fixation and lack of thermal conductivity. Its strength allows anatomic adaptation combined with high stability.
- Patients benefit from a more natural appearance and no thermal conductivity issues.
- PEEK-OPTIMANatural is bio-inert, biocompatible and bio-stable, and has no detrimental effect on tissue surrounding the implant.
- Natural radiolucency and compatibility with medical imaging techniques allow healing site visualization without artefacts.
- The material is compatible with CAD/CAM milling fabrication processes and enables intra-operative modifications.