Enhanced mechanical strength & stiffness.
This implantable compound is composed of short carbon fibres dispersed within a PEEK-OPTIMA Natural polymer matrix. The resulting material has enhanced mechanical and physical properties for more demanding, load bearing implants and applications.
PEEK-OPTIMA Reinforced provides a unique combination of features and benefits, including:
- Excellent wear performance in articulating joints. Studies indicate an advantage over UHMWPE for joint prostheses and bearing surfaces*
- Exceptional fibre-to-matrix bond strength enhances material strength and durability
- Bone-like stiffness can reduce the occurrence of stress shielding
- Proven biocompatibility ensures safe, long-term implantation
- Radiolucent on X-rays and CT scans and MRI compatible
- Extensive history of use in FDA-approved, long-term implantable devices dating from 1999
*Data on file at Invibio.