Pure, unfilled PEEK-OPTIMA grade.
PEEK-OPTIMA Natural is the pure, unfilled PEEK grade. This high-performance, implant-grade polymer serves as the foundation of the PEEK-OPTIMA product family. It is the base material used in all PEEK-OPTIMA grades. PEEK-OPTIMA Natural delivers performance characteristics ideal for many orthopedic device applications:
- Design flexibility, high strength to weight ratio enables the production of small but very strong devices.
- Extremely strong, durable and highly resistant to creep and fatigue
- Radiolucent for easy monitoring of healing site with X-rays, CT or MRI
- Ability to repeatedly sterilize with no degradation using steam, ethylene oxide, gamma or Sterrad™ plasma
- Available in rods, and stock shapes for manufacturing flexibility.
- Suitable for implantation or blood, bone and tissue contact greater than 30 days.