Online Meeting Registration Now Available
The registration is $475 for professionals and $215 for government employees and students. Click here to register online for the 3rd International PEEK Meeting.
Based on feedback from the previous meeting, the organizers have elected not to reserve a housing block since there are many hotels near the conference venue. As a result, we recommend contacting the Fairfax at Embassy Row as the preferred hotel for the conference. It is located adjacent to the conference venue, the Cosmos Club, located in the Embassy Row district of downtown Washington D.C.
Introduction & Organizers
We are pleased to announce the 3rd International PEEK Meeting to be convened from April 27 to 28, 2017 in Washington, DC, USA at the Cosmos Club. The conference will be hosted by the Implant Research Center of Drexel University in collaboration with Exponent, Inc., and with support provided by Invibio Biomaterial Solutions.
The purpose of the conference is to bring together engineers, scientists, regulators, and clinicians from academia, industry, and government agencies for the presentation of leading edge research on advancements in medical grade polyaryletherketone (PAEK) polymer technology and clinical applications.
Although all scientific studies, clinical applications and innovations related to the broad family of medical grade PAEKs are welcome at this conference, the majority of submissions are anticipated to be related to implantable PEEK and its composites.
The 3rd International PEEK Meeting will focus on identifying and closing gaps in the regulatory science for medical grade PEEK technology and clinical applications including:
- Additive manufacturing of PEEK and its composites
- Innovations in orthopaedic bearings
- Bioactive PEEK composites
- Spinal rods and artificial disc applications
- Formulations for dental, trauma, and arthroscopic implants
- Structural composites and woven fibre applications
- Biologic aspects of wear debris
Key Questions to be Addressed during the Conference
- What are the existing gaps in the regulatory science of PEEK biomaterials applications and how can they be addressed?
- What are the latest advances for additive manufacturing of PEEK and its composites?
- What is the future role for PEEK in total knee arthroplasty?
- What are the advancements in PEEK spinal implants?
- How does PEEK wear under adverse tribological conditions?
- What new PEEK technologies have recently emerged for bone ingrowth?
- What is the future role for PEEK in dental and trauma implants?
Scientific and Organizing Committee
Steven Kurtz, Ph.D., Implant Research Center, Drexel University and Exponent, Inc.
Joanne Tipper, Ph.D., Leeds University
Oana Ghita, Ph.D., Exeter University
Katherine Kavlock, Ph.D., US FDA CDRH (Center for Devices and Radiological Health)
John Bowsher, Ph.D., US FDA CDRH
International PEEK Meeting Programs
Invibio has been supporting the International PEEK Meeting since its inaugural debut in 2013. We welcome you to download the programs from past meetings to learn about the research that has been conducted for implantable PEEK and its findings.
To learn more about implantable PEEK, please visit MedicalPEEK.org
- Summaries of publications and reports dating back to 2006
- Latest standards published by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- PEEK-related papers presented at conferences dating back to 2007
- Additional Resources