Enhanced mechanical strength and stiffness.
Our PEEK-OPTIMA™ Reinforced implantable compound is composed of short carbon fibres dispersed within a PEEK-OPTIMA polymer matrix. The result is a material with improved mechanical and physical properties for more demanding load-bearing applications.
PEEK-OPTIMA Reinforced provides a unique combination of features and benefits, including:
- Excellent wear performance as a bearing material
- Exceptional fibre-to-matrix bond strength which enhances material strength and durability
- Bone-like stiffness which can reduce the occurrence of stress shielding
- Proven biocompatibility which ensures safe, long-term implantation
- Radiolucent on X-rays and CT scans and MRI compatible
- Extensive history of use in FDA-approved, long-term implantable devices dating from 1999